USAID Boresha Afya is a five-years (2016 – 2021) Project implemented in seven regions of Tanzania Lake and Western Zone; Kagera, Mwanza, Shinyanga, Mara, Simiyu, Geita and Kigoma respectively.
The goal of the Project is to improve the health status of all Tanzanians - with a focus on women, youth and children - by improving the availability of, and access to, quality, comprehensive and integrated health services.
A consortium of three partners, led by Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, with partners Engender Health and PATH, implements the Project.
- Result 1: Improved enabling environment for health service provision primarily based on progress translating policy into meaningful action.
- Result 2: Improved availability of quality, comprehensive and integrated health services at facility level.
- Result 3: : Increased access to health services at community level
AREA OF FOCUS
Technical areas that is addressed during the project implementation
- Technical areas that is addressed during the project implementation:
- Family planning
- Cross Cutting areas (Community Engagement, SBCC, Gender, Respective care, Integration. Nutrition, Youth Friendly Services.
HUHESO Foundation is one among the awarded CSOs that implementing USAID Boresha Afya project in Shinyanga region specifically Ushetu and Msalala DC. HUHESO Foundation is an NGO working with the community by leading disadvantage groups into development process in Tanzania and play constructive